Using The Immediate Rewards Diet plan
- How much water do I need to drink?
- Why must I drink so much?
- Can I drink low-calorie juices or diet beverages instead of black tea and coffee?
- Can I consume alcohol while using The Immediate Rewards Diet plan?
- Is it okay to drink coffee while using this diet?
- Will I feel hungry while using The Immediate Rewards Diet plan?
- Can I chew calorie-free gum while using The Immediate Rewards Diet plan program?
- Will I need vitamin supplements while using The Immediate Rewards Diet plan?
- Do I have to take all three diet meals?
- If I am really hungry, can I have a 4th meal?
- At what age should a person stop using The Immediate Rewards Nutritional Foundation plan?
- Can a sixteen year old use any of The Immediate Rewards Diet or weight loss programs?
- Do I need to prepare for using The Immediate Rewards Diet?
- When do I need to think about maintenance?
- How do I maintain my new weight when I reach my target?
- Do you recommend exercise with The Immediate Rewards Diet plan?
- I am a Muslim; can I continue The Immediate Rewards Diet plan during Ramadan?
- Why do you recommend The Immediate Rewards Diet plan for only 4 weeks?
- What should I eat in the fifth "Add-A-Meal" week?
How much water should I drink when on The Immediate Rewards Diet plan?
It is very important to consume at least eight glasses of water or other liquid per day. Since our bodies consist of over 60 percent water, it is very important that we constantly replace our body fluids. Sufficient liquid intake is also necessary to maintain proper kidney function.
Why must I drink so much?
There are several reasons. A good rule of thumb for good health is to drink 4pt (2.25 ltr) of fluid a day. If The Immediate Rewards Diet plan is used as the ‘main source’ of nutrition, this is the minimum amount for good health. – 6-8pt (3 to 4ltr) would be even better. The reasons for this include:
- A very low calorie diet (VLCD) like The Immediate Rewards Diet plan produces natural water loss which must be replaced.
- Food is largely composed of water, just like our bodies. While using ‘’The Immediate Rewards Diet’’ program it is necessary to compensate for the fluid that would otherwise have been taken in through food. It is important to keep the body’s fluid levels high to prevent the unpleasant symptoms of dehydration such as– headache, dizziness, fatigue, irritability and constipation.
- The Immediate Rewards Diet plan offers complete nutrition in a very concentrated form. It is therefore ideal to have 250ml (half pint) of water before each diet to dilute the concentration of minerals and to help prevent any possible feeling of nausea.
- Extra fluid enables the body to get rid of the waste products associated with the breakdown of fats resulting from weight loss.
I don’t like black tea and coffee – can I have a low-calorie juice or beverage?
Preferably not while using The Immediate Rewards Diet plan. Research has shown that beverages containing citric acid can prevent the body from utilizing its stored carbohydrates and may cause fluid retention. As citric acid is present in some low calorie diet drinks, low-calorie fruit beverages, lemon slices, lemon tea, or any of the listed combinations which could negate the effectiveness of the Diet. It is possible to whiten tea and coffee using small amounts of the vanilla flavored Diet from the daily quota. Leaf herb teas (mint, nettle, etc) can add variety but avoid fruit and flower teas as they contain small amounts of carbohydrates which can cause fluid retention and induce a plateau in some dieters. Those who cannot live without the daily enjoyment of tea and coffee with milk can still lose weight with The Immediate Rewards Diet plan by following one of the "with food" programs (see Diet and Nutrition plan) for which there is a daily milk allowance.
Is it alright to drink coffee while taking The Immediate Rewards Diet plan as my sole source of nutrition?
Consumption of large quantities of coffee or colas is not recommended. If you feel you must drink them, the decaffeinated forms are preferred. Caffeine acts as a stimulant to the body systems and sometimes provides an irritant effect. Herbal teas offer a pleasant alternative.
Will I feel hungry when on ‘TheImmediate Rewards Diet plan’?
Some hunger is experienced during the first few days, normally disappearing completely by your fourth day. This is because your body has adjusted to its new balance of approximately 400 calories per day. If you cheat, you will become very hungry. This is because eating food only stimulates your hunger more, so it is best to stick to the Diet and not supplement it, at least for four weeks when you can have a break.
Can I chew calorie-free gum on the ‘Immediate Rewards Diet’ program?
It is best not to because chewing gum stimulates the release of gastric juices which in turn will make you feel hungry. Only chew for 2 or 3 minutes if you feel you have to.
Will I need vitamin supplements while using The Immediate Rewards Diet plan?
The big plus about The Immediate Rewards Diet plan is that, unlike other diets, you do not need to take extra supplements. Each ‘meal replacement’ offers a third of the recommended daily allowance of all vitamins, minerals and trace elements, therefore three servings a day provides complete nutrition. The main worry when people are using a food-based slimming diet is that the reduction in food means reduced nutrient intake, which in turn puts their health at risk. It is impossible to achieve complete nutrition from conventional food on less than 1500 calories a day. Even then, extensive nutritional knowledge and a wide variety of foods need to be consumed to ensure adequate intake of all those vitamins and minerals. Immediate Rewards has solved that problem by formulating a diet that gives you 100% nutrition and has programs (up to 1500 calories per day) using the Diet as a nutritional foundation with conventional food. Immediate Rewards customers can feel confident that they can lose weight safely and not put health at risk.
Some days I feel completely satisfied with only two Immediate Rewards Diet plan meals. Do I need to take the third meal?
Yes. Three Immediate Rewards Diet meals provide all the necessary nutrients for one day to keep your body in a good nutritional state.
If I am really hungry, can I take a fourth Immediate Rewards Diet plan Diet meal without spoiling my diet?
Some people may require additional energy for their activities, such as those involved in heavy physical work and strenuous athletics. An extra Immediate Rewards Diet plan Diet meal may be necessary to provide extra energy in a balanced form.
At what age should a person refrain from using the diet?
A person who has medical problems should not be on any type of diet without a doctor’s supervision. However, The Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition Plan has helped elderly people who have a problem with eating sufficient food to provide proper nutrition.
Can a sixteen year old use any of the Immediate Rewards Diet programs?
Yes, but not less than the Immediate Rewards 800 calorie programs without their doctor’s involvement. Children between the ages of 14 and 18 should be encouraged to follow healthy eating habits given in ‘Balance of Good Health’ (Health Education Authority) and to increase levels of activity. If this is unsuccessful, then the Immediate Rewards program with food (1000 to 1500 calories) can be followed. The recommendations for this program are very specific, carefully structured and are easy to follow. The involvement of the child’s parent or guardian should be encouraged wherever possible. If a lower calorie Diet or 800 calorie program is specifically requested, then parental involvement is necessary, and the doctor should be consulted and kept informed of progress. Young people require a lot of support to keep them motivated, to ensure they follow the program correctly and to achieve a realistic stable weight long term.
Do I need to prepare for the ‘Immediate Rewards Diet plan’ program?
Yes. Problems arising at the start of the ‘Immediate Rewards Diet plan’ program can be prevented by preparing in the week prior to the agreed start date by:
- Gradually reducing food intake, particularly carbohydrates. This will prevent carbohydrate withdrawal headaches and hasten the onset of ketosis with all of its benefits – particularly reduced hunger.
- Introducing an Immediate Rewards Diet plan once or twice a day to help reduce energy intake. This will result in reduced glycogen stores, ensuring that the benefits of ketosis are enjoyed sooner rather than later.
- Using a natural bulking agent (eg fiber) at a level appropriate to your needs will prevent a problem later (for those who have a history of constipation)
- Increasing water intake to 1.7 ltrs (3 pts) per day
- Checking with your doctor
Preparation will prevent "The Last Supper Syndrome", ie a binge the day before the ‘Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition Plan’ which increases glycogen stores, delaying the onset of ketosis and increasing feelings of tiredness and hunger.
We recommend that you prepare for a week on the next step up from that selected for weight loss. For example, if you agreed to follow an 800 calorie program for weight loss, prepare at the 1000 calorie level, then drop down for the weight loss phase.
When do I need to think about maintenance?
At the beginning. The importance of maintenance needs to be made clear to anyone embarking on a Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition weight loss program at whatever calorific level. Weight maintenance does not start when the target weight is achieved but should be a significant component of the initial consideration when the overweight person first seeks help. Successful long term weight management is only achieved by making long-term permanent changes to diet and lifestyle. The seeds for these long term changes need to be sown early. The Immediate Rewards Diet plantious is not a "quick fix". The role of the Diet and The Immediate Rewards counselor is ongoing.
Once I reach target weight, how do I maintain it?
If a person achieves a desired weight and then goes back to the bad food habits that put the weight on in the first place, it is inevitable that the weight lost will be regained. The Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition plan gives rapid weight-loss, but it also provides a sound nutritional base for those at their desired weight and who want to keep it off! The recommended method is that you will take your Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition program three times per day even when your desired weight is achieved. Along with this nutritional base, you should then add one or two meals totaling 400 to 800 calories until the scales show how many calories you can absorb and still maintain your desired weight.
Do you recommend exercise with The Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition Plan?
Do not start a strenuous exercise program at the same time as you start The Immediate Rewards Diet plan. (If you are already exercising then you may continue it.) Moderate exercise is useful once you start to lose weight, providing that it is approached with caution and not done with excess. Walking or cycling is excellent exercise, but start slowly and do not overdo it at the beginning.
I am a Muslim; how can I continue with the ‘Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition program during Ramadan?
Ramadan occurs in the ninth month of the Muslim year. During daylight hours, rigid fasting is observed which means that The Immediate Rewards Diet plan and water will need to be consumed before sunrise and after sundown. During the time available, intake should be spread out as evenly as possible and might necessitate rising a bit earlier. It is not advisable to take more than one diet at a time as the increased carbohydrate intake may take the customer out of ketosis, making it even more difficult for them to stay motivated and stick with the program.
Why is it recommended that people use ‘The Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition program’ for no more than four consecutive weeks?
This advice complies with the recommendations of the 1987 DHSS report by the Committee on the Medical Aspects of Food Policy (COMA) entitled ‘The Use of Very Low Calorie Diets in Obesity’: "As the sole source of nourishment, the use of VLCD should not exceed the period recommended by the manufacturers (up to 3 to 4 weeks at a time) without reverting to a normal mixture of foods". The above recommendation from COMA was not based on any research, but when the doctors who participated in the VLCD clinical trials were asked about the maximum time they would recommend the diet be used without medical supervision, the consensus of opinion was four weeks. If you want to forego the ‘Add-A-Meal’ week, you can only do so with your doctor’s written consent.
I have been taking The Immediate Rewards Diet-Nutrition program as my sole source of nutrition for four weeks. What should I eat in the fifth "Add-A-Meal" week?
Continue to have three Immediate Rewards Diet plan meals a day and add a daily "green and white" meal (just under 400 calories). "Green" means a portion of leafy greens and vegetables. "White" could be portion of skinless lean chicken breast, grilled fish or cottage cheese.